Adding a new language (requires Visual Studio 2019 and Multilingual App Toolkit)
- Ensure you have Visual Studio 2019 and the Multilingual App Toolkit extension .
- Fork and clone the Files repository.
- Open in VS 2019.
- Right-click on the
Files (Universal Windows)project.
- Select Multilingual App Toolkit > Add translation language.
- If you get a message saying “Translation Provider Manager Issue,” just click OK and ignore it. It’s unrelated to adding a language.
- Select a language.
- Once you select a language, new
.xlffiles will be created in the
- Now follow the
Improving an existing languagesteps below.
Improving an existing language (can be done with any text editor)
\src\Files\MultilingualResourcesfolder, open the
.xlfof the language you want to translate.
- You can open using any text editor, or you can use the Multilingual Editor
If you’re using a text editor, translate the strings inside the
<target>node. Then change the
If you’re using the Multilingual Editor, translate the strings inside the
Translationtext field. Make sure to save to preserve your changes.
Once you’re done, commit your changes, push to GitHub, and make a pull request.