Keeping Files up to date
How to check for updates
Files will automatically check for updates whenever you open the app and display an indicator on the toolbar when the update is ready to install. You can also check for updates manually from the Microsoft Store or by downloading the sideload installer.
How to install updates
When an update is available, you can install the update when you’re ready by clicking the notification on the toolbar.
If you encounter any problems or errors while updating Files, you can try the following solutions:
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection and enough disk space for the update.
- Restart your computer and try to update Files again.
Updating the preview version to v3.0.9
In order to update the preview version to v3.0.9 or above, you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall Files. You can also export/import the settings file to keep your existing settings.```
- Export your settings by going
Settings > Advanced > Export.
- Uninstall and reinstall Files.
- Import your settings from
Settings > Advanced > Import.